We are seeking a new team member with a passion for our mission. The P/T Programs and Operations Assistant will assist the Executive Director with administrative support for financial management, fundraising, and public communications. The chosen candidate will also assist our program staff with data management, program logistics, and volunteer coordination. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Maintain accounts payable by verifying and posting transactions.
- For both fundraising and volunteer programs, maintain data on donors, event attendees, and other contact groups. Manage mail and e-newsletter lists, letter generation, and files.
- Assist in frequent public programs and annual fundraising events by scheduling and communicating event information, ensuring that materials and refreshments are provided, and following up with data entry and donor-stewardship tasks.
- Manage confidential student data and update online program-activity logs.
- Research donors, sponsors, and grantmakers, and provide information to the Executive Director and Board members as needed.
- Assist with and occasionally manage social-media and other communications campaigns.
- Assist in EcoHouse maintenance, shopping for programs, and otherwise putting out fires.
- Serving as a substitute for program staff, as needed.
- A passion for our work and mission
- Demonstrable written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- A strong attention to detail
- Ability to work individually to complete tasks as well as within a small, high performing, fast-paced team dynamic
- Experience with accounting management software, Quickbooks is preferred
- Intermediate level abilities with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience with WordPress is desired, familiarity is preferred
- 1 year of experience in related position and a Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field, or 3 years of experience with Associate Degree in related field, or 5 years of related experience
The position is 20 hours per week, with a somewhat flexible schedule. Funding for the first year is in hand, and subsequent funding will depend on the organization’s fundraising success.
To apply, please email a current resume, three references, and a letter of interest describing your relevant skills and experience to R. Brent Lyles, Executive Director (brent-AT-ayrw.org) by midnight on 20 June 2013.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please note that all new hires must pass criminal history and motor vehicle driving background checks.